Burlington Coat Factory - Be Careful When Splitting Payment with a Gift Card

I’ve never been a huge fan of Burlington Coat Factory in Pittsburg, California but I had a $25.00 gift card so I went in yesterday to use it.At the time of checkout my purchase totaled $61.78.

I handed the cashier my $25.00 gift card and $40.00 in cash. I was issued $3.22 balance on my gift card instead of giving me cash back. What a great way to try and get your customers to keep coming back or maybe they think by doing this we will never use the card again and why should they care since they already have your money. Such poor business practices.

Burlington Coat Factory… your slime ball tactics failed.You lost a customer for good!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Burlington Coat Factory Gift Card
Review category
Footwear and Clothing
review #737100

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Burlington Coat Factory? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 21, 2015 #1067599

Anyone knows that when using a gift card and cash you give them the gift card first,let it process the entire amount. Then it will show the new balance due which you pay using your 40 bucks. This way you will get change. They didn't ***, you screwed yourself. Your a *** for putting this out there for people to laugh their *** of at you cause your so *** and then your just pathetic for posting it here. Use your brain if you have one.

0 0 Reply

Nov 20, 2015 #1067083

That makes no sense at all!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.